Just because. 5 Things.
1. I absolutely love playing “Home of the Blues” by Johnny Cash on the guitar. The guitar is healing.
2. I talked to a psychic today who told me that I have seen postcards of spiritual experience, but haven’t gone there yet. I started crying.
3. I watched our short film just a bit ago – titled Winter Guest – and I don’t hate it. A miracle. The acting is sweet and spontaneous-feeling, and the rustic imagery and golden light of my cottage in Wisconsin is gorgeous. Yeah, it looks like a student film at times, but it was a great experiment, and I’m happy with the result when all is said and done. Hopefully soon I will get a trailer up here. Now, it’s time to submit! Yikes.
4. I am so so so sick of California. There’s just no getting around it. It doesn’t feel like December. Blue skies and palm trees. At night I pretend it’s winter while driving around past the Christmas lights.
5. Saw Hunger Games at the theater last night. We sat through the credits – three full songs of credits. Gotta be over a thousand people who worked on that movie. And one Jennifer Lawrence.